Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Tuesday, January 3, 2012

BASEKETBALL


South Park creators and sometime actors Matt Parker and Trey Stone have been receiving accolades for their hit Broadway musical The Book Of Mormon. However, their "fans" probably wouldn't be giving said accolades if they watched THIS cinematic atrocity heaped upon the moviegoing world by Parker & Stone at the height of South Park's popularity. (I guess the Hollywood big-wigs who green-lighted THIS cinematic crap-fest probably thought having the creators of the ultra popular South Park in a film, ANY film, would be a mega-hit at the box office. Oops!) The film is about a couple of dimwits--played by, of course, Parker & Stone--who introduce a new sport--called, of course, Baseketball (it's a combination of baseball and basketball, get it?)--that takes the country by storm. Quite frankly, this flick is so damned idiotic and unwatchable it looked like it was produced by a couple of college stoners (which is probably more true than not!). It takes a lot for me to truly hate a film, and THIS film I truly hate! I mean, this film sucked SO bad that it effectively killed co-star Yasmine Bleeth's career. And just who's Yasmine Bleeth, you might be asking yourself? Precisely! What's worse about the inexplicable release of this (alleged) movie is that Matt Parker and Trey Stone have no apparently qualms about publicly criticizing other far more established filmmakers such as Steven Spielberg and my own personal fave George Lucas; like, for instance, years ago in their Playboy Interview where one of them--I can't remember which--actually bragged about walking up to George Lucas at some celebrity event--drunk--and telling him TO HIS FACE how the first Star Wars prequel, and I quote, sucked and how no one should go see it and that one South Park episode where Lucas rapes a stormtrooper (nice!). Well, I hate to burst your self-satisfied bubble, Matt & Trey, but I don't see ANYONE lining up twenty years from now to see THIS cinematic shit-fest regardless of how many added special effects you add to it! Sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment