Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Wednesday, January 11, 2012

THE TERMINATOR




I know I'm going to hack off a lot of sci-fi fans for saying this, but I've never been a big fan of The Terminator. I think part of the reason why I'm not gah-gah over this film as others are is because this flick was hyped up SO much to me by others before I watched it and my expectations of this movie were SO high that it left me feeling somewhat disappointed after watching it since I, of course, was expecting SO much from it. (Don't you hate it when people do that?) For those few of you who still haven't watched this film yet (or have at least heard of it), it stars former-pro-bodybuilder/California-Republican-governor/homely-housemaid-impregnator Arnold Schwarzenegger in the role that made him a household name as he plays a cyborg assassin--i.e. a terminator--who travels back in time to kill the woman--played by Linda Hamilton--who will give birth to the future savior of mankind. Linda's character is aided by a man--played by Michael Biehn--who also hails from the future who ends up impregnating her. Got all that? The movie--directed by famed movie director James Cameron (of Avatar and Titanic fame)--has spawned two movie sequels (so far) and a TV series that has since been cancelled. Quite frankly, my favorite part of the movie was Linda Hamilton's nudie love scene with Micheal Biehn (of course!). Now, before I start getting angry posts about this, I do think it's an OK film in a B-movie-type-of-way, but one of the greatest sci-fi films of all-time? Star Wars it most definitely ain't! And, while we're at it, I didn't think too much of the first sequel called Judgment Day. (I
mean, Ah-nold playing the same cyborg from the first film who not only helps the woman--still played by Linda Hamilton--he was initially sent to kill and her now-teenaged son who is destined to destroy his kind but he's also interested in human emotion and will only shoot people in the kneecaps? Really, James?) I will say that I kind of enjoyed the second sequel called Rise of the Machines that was released while Ah-nold was running (The Running Man, get it?) for "guv'ner" of "Caleeforneeah" in that state's insipid recall (Total Recall, get it?) election. I think the reason why I enjoyed this film more is because it wasn't hyped near as much as the first two (in fact, it was pretty much panned by fans as the weakest of all The Terminator films; oh well!). As for what I thought of the now-cancelled TV series, well, I believe I'll just let you figure THAT one out for yourself, all right?   

No comments:

Post a Comment