Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Sunday, January 29, 2012

LONE WOLF MCQUADE

 
Lone Wolf McQuade has got to be without a doubt my absolute favorite action flick of all-time. In the film, karate legend Chuck Norris plays Texax Ranger J.J. McQuade. And, before you start having your doubts, this isn't that asinine Walker Texas Ranger bullshit! The movie character McQuade, unlike the TV character Walker, is a hard-drinking, habitual-womanizing actual ass-kicker (now, before you WTR fans start leaving me angry comments, in the movie, unlike the TV show, Chuck actually performs ALL of his own fight scenes). Chuck's primary love-interest in the film--besides, of course, beer and his souped-up truck!--is the ultra hot Barbara Carrera and his nemesis is the other karate legend the late David Carradine (who's primarily known more nowadays for dying of reported erotic asphyxiation than his actual martial arts skills). David plays a ruthless gunrunner who, as you might've already figured out by now, has a major showdown with Norris at his compound where he's kidnapped Chuck's daughter who seeks to rescue said daughter and bring down the ruthless gunrunning Carradine once and for all along with the help of his partner and a federal agent. I won't, of course, tell you who wins (though, again, I believe you might've figured that out by now as well, haven't you?). Oh yeah, there's also a midget, uh, I mean, little person in a wheelchair in the flick who also happens to be a bad guy. Told you this flick kicked ass, didn't I!

No comments:

Post a Comment