Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Tuesday, January 10, 2012

POINT BREAK




I'll admit, I'm NOT the biggest Keanu Reeves fan. I mean, let's face it, he's pretty much done that same damn Bill & Ted schtick in practically every one of his damn movies! This is one of his more, shall we say, tolerable performances. In the movie, Reeves plays an FBI agent who infiltrates a--wait for it!--surfer gang who also robs banks while wearing--stay with me!--President's Halloween masks who is led by an old-time "surfer guru" played by the late Patrick Swayze back during his macho action star phase (does the all-time, er, classic action flick Road House ring any bells?). On top of all that, Keanu's boss is played by none other than Gary Busey (back before he became bat-crap crazy and was still at least a somewhat respected actor, though this film might have changed all that!). And perhaps the biggest shocker of all was that this film was actually directed by noted film director Kathryn Bigelow who used to not only be married to film director James Cameron (of Avatar and The Terminator fame) but she also actually beat out her ex-husband by winning the Oscar for her critically-acclaimed film The Hurt Locker. Going back to THIS film, it's actually not too bad of a movie for a B-movie-esque action flick (though you do have to suspend disbelief BIG time!). My own personal favorite part of the movie is when co-star Lori Petty (of Tank Girl fame) runs away from Reeves (not a bad idea, actually!) and her shirt flies up and we see that she's NOT wearing any underwear (though you have to pause it to get a really good look at her sexy naked behind!)! On a more serious note, however, this film undoubtedly made MORE money at the all-important box office than Miss Bigelow's film The Hurt Locker, which, by ANY standard, is a far more superior film. And what does THAT say about the moviegoing public? As for Keanu Reeves himself, he'd best be glad that the ladies seem to want to do him! I mean, how ELSE to explain his continuing inexplicable popularity! (Poor Alex Winter!) Oh yeah, this film also features a cameo by Anthony Kiedis who's the front-man for the rock group the Red Hot Chili Peppers. As if this film WASN'T crazy enough! 

No comments:

Post a Comment