Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Friday, January 6, 2012

SISTER MY SISTER




Fans of lesbian-themed movies will NOT be disappointed by this mid-nineties flick starring actresses Joely Richardson and Jodhi May along with legendary actress Julie Waters. The film is based on an actual event that took place in France back in the thirties where two live-in maids who were also sisters ended up murdering their boss (played by Waters) and her daughter. The case was known in the press as the Papin murder case and the press also speculated how the sisters (played by, of course, Richardson and May) shared more--a LOT more!--than just mere "sisterly" love. And, believe you me, this flick explores THAT aspect to a GREAT extent! Though this film features no nudity (though we do get to see Joely & Jodhi in slips as well as Jodhi's hairy armpits for all you "hirsute" fetishists out there!), there are some pretty intense "love" scenes--if, of course, one could call them that!--between the sisters. However, I think the most intensely erotic scene is really not between Joely & Jodhi (though those scenes are, of course, pretty damn hot too!) but rather between Jodhi and the daughter (played by "plumper" actress Sophie Thursfield) where she holds out a brush to Jodhi with a come-hither stare and she looks as if she's in an orgasmic state while Jodhi brushes her hair. Pretty kinky, eh? A sidenote: Joely Richardson is also the sister of the late actress Natasha Richardson who died in a freak skiing accident in Quebec back in March of 2009, for those of you who don't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment