Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Friday, January 20, 2012

AGE OF CONSENT




Age Of Consent is a 1969 Australian film starring the late James Mason and legendary actress Helen Mirren. In the film, Mason plays a New York artist who travels to Australia where he meets a young semi-feral woman played by a 24-year-old Mirren in her debut film role. The movie is basically about Mason painting Mirren in ze buff (and there's also a May-December "romantic" subplot thrown in for good measure). This would actually be a pretty boring movie were it NOT for Helen's numerous nude scenes (but then, doesn't nudity improve just about ANY film?). What's most intriguing about Helen's nude scenes is how--how do I put this discreetly?--plumper she is compared with today's often waif-esque Hollywood starlets and/or models. And, quite frankly, I think she's a damn sight sexier!

No comments:

Post a Comment