Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Tuesday, December 6, 2011

SCARFACE




This movie, as everyone probably already knows by now, was directed by controversial film director Brian De Palma and starred legendary actor Al Pacino in the title role as Tony "Scarface" Montana. When this film was released back in the early-eighties, it was seriously panned by both critics and audiences alike who regarded it as little more than an offensive gore-fest. While I certainly have no objections to watching offensive gore-fests, I remember the first time I watched this film I thought, Man, this is really fucking stupid! I mean, Tony Montana comes off as a Cuban Forrest Gump. "Life is like a box of bullets. You never know what you're gonna get!" The flick has since gone on to become a huge cult classic thanks primarily to (so-called) "gangsta" rappers who virtually glorify this stupid bloody flick in their music and even, in some instances, their personal lives as well (more about THAT in a bit). While I'm normally a huge fan of Al Pacino (when, of course, he's NOT seriously over-acting as he's been known to do at times throughout his career, which may explain WHY he left acting altogether for a few years and made his triumphant return in the "erotic thriller" Sea Of Love with the ultra steamy Ellen Barkin), I personally feel that Al's other "gangsta" flick Carlito's Way--the one where he makes that by-now-infamous "pulling me back in" line--is a MUCH better "gangsta" flick than the vastly overrated Scarface. Plus Al's ultra sexy co-star in the film Penelope Ann Miller shows us her bodacious ta-tas in the film (unlike, of course, legendarily prudish Michelle Pfeiffer who, of course, was Al's co-star in Scarface and whose ONLY nudie movie appearances to date were in the flicks Into the Night and Tequila Sunrise, so check THOSE out when you get the chance!)! As for those (so-called) "gangsta" rappers (and, of course, others) who idolize and/or emulate Tony "Say Hello to My Little Friend!" Montana, I ask THIS question: You DO recall what (mercifully) happens to Tony Montana at the end of the film, DON'T you? 

No comments:

Post a Comment