Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Monday, February 13, 2012

THE LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT




The Last On the Left is the directorial debut of noted horror director Wes Craven (of A Nightmare On Elm Street and Scream fame) that was released back in the early-seventies. This movie was reportedly banned in three or four countries when it was released, and, after watching it, I can easily see WHY! To me, this movie is similar to Hostel II, which I, of course, reviewed earlier, and is far more brutal. The story is reportedly based on a true story about two young women who get abducted by this brutal gang of prison escapees who end up raping and torturing and brutalizing the women beyond imagination in the woods behind one of the women's parents' house (hence the title of the movie). Once the thugs get done, for lack of a better word, disposing of the young women, they seek refuge in the house of the one girl's parents' house and the parents take them in not knowing what they had just done to their daughter and her friend. Then the parents happen to overhear the thugs boasting about the evil brutality they had heaped upon their daughter and her friend and they seek their revenge which is just as brutal--and perhaps even more so--than the brutality they had committed against their daughter and her friend. And you'll, of course, have to watch the movie to see the "brutality" I'm talking about (if, of coures, you've got the stomach for it!). A sidenote: There was actually a remake of this film released a couple years back that was produced by Wes Craven himself. Since you couldn't pay me enough money to watch the first film again, I won't be seeing (or reviewing!) the inexplicable remake anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment