Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Thursday, February 16, 2012

THE DARK KNIGHT




Sorry, fanboys, but I'm not as much of a "fan" of this movie as a lot of other people obviously are. Frankly, after watching it, I just couldn't see what the big deal was about this film. I mean, it wasn't a bad movie, but, like with the earlier-reviewed The Terminator, I was left a little disappointed that it didn't live up to expectations. This movie, for those few of you who haven't watched it yet, is the sequel to the film Batman Begins (which, in my oh-so-humble opinion, was the better Christian Bale Batman film). In this film, Batman battles both The Joker--played by the late Heath Ledger who died before the release of this film--and Two-Face whom The Joker, shall we say, creates. Everyone made a big deal about Heath Ledger's performance as The Joker, but I can't help but wonder if people would've still made as big a deal out of his performance had he not died so unexpectantly (of a reported drug overdose). Now, don't get me wrong, he did a fine job as The Joker, but I'm more of a fan of Jack Nicholson's version of The Joker in noted--again, shall we say--eccentric film director Tim Burton's first Batman flick back in the late-eighties with Michael Keaton as Batman as it was more in line with the comic book, uh, I mean, graphic novel version of The Joker. As for noted hothead actor Christian Bale's version of Batman, he sounds like the white version of Miles Davis, for Pete's sake! A sidenote: As--there again, shall we say--disappointed as I was with this film, I'm kind of looking forward to the next Christian Bale Batman film--reportedly called The Dark Knight Rises--particularly because it stars Anne Hathaway as the latest cinematic version of Catwoman (as, of course, I mentioned before). Meow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment