Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Sunday, February 12, 2012

G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA




G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra is, in case you haven't already figured it out, the movie based on the cartoon series and the toy line of the same name. I actually liked this movie better than I thought I would given that it was a film based on a cartoon series and a toy line (and stars one of the Wayans brothers to boot). The story tells the origins of a "secret" military outfit called--you guessed it!--G.I. Joe and their main arch-enemy, which is, of course, the terrorist outfit called Cobra. That's pretty much all you really need to know about the general plot. My favorite character in the film is the "good guy" Snake Eyes (played by martial artist Ray Park who is perhaps best known as the double-lightsaber wielding Darth Maul in the first Star Wars prequel The Phantom Menace) who is a mysterious ninja-esque character who is always dressed in black from head-to-toe and has taken a vow of silence after his master is killed by his adopted "brother" Shadow Hunter when they were both children. My other favorite character is known as The Baroness who used to be the fiance to one of the G.I. Joe's Duke before she turns to evil (Star Wars reference!) and is played by the ultra hot British actress Sienna Miller who adopts an American accent and a sexy black wig (well, I assume it's a wig!). There's even a rather hot fight scene between The Baroness and the female G.I. Joe Scarlett played by the other ultra hot actress Rachel Nichols. So, if you're experiencing a rather slow night and are in need of some mindless mostly forgettable entertainment, you could do worse than G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra. Oh yeah, this flick also stars noted actor Dennis Quaid (of Meg Ryan fame) who plays head G.I. Joe General Hawk. Just thought you'd like to know!  

No comments:

Post a Comment