Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Tuesday, February 21, 2012

INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL




Critics were not very kind to this fourth installment of the popular Indiana Jones franchise. There was even a South Park episode that featured Steven Spielberg and George Lucas gang-raping the character Indiana Jones copying scenes from different "rape" movies such as the earlier-reviewed Deliverance and The Accused. (Nice job, fellas!) One of the main criticisms of the film's plot is how "unrealistic" the alien angle was. Yeah, because you know the one thing those Indiana Jones' flicks are known for is their realism! Anyway, like Butters on South Park, I thought this movie wasn't that bad. Of course, it's quite obvious why it was made in the first place since Steven Spielberg and Harrison Ford--who, if you don't already know by now, plays the title character--hadn't had a major blockbuster in eons. You can, of course, draw the picture for yourself. Regardless of why the film was made, I still thought it was a pretty decent piece of escapist cinematic fare. In fact, I actually liked it better than the previous Indy installment The Last Crusade with Sean Connery that I thought was rather overrated, although Raiders of the Lost Ark was by far the best one. As a matter of fact, The Crystal Skull reunites Ford with his Raiders co-star Karen Allen. The film also stars Shia Lebeouf who plays Indy's son, which I thought was a far more inexplicable plot point than the whole alien angle, but I digress. The flick also stars Cate Blanchett who stars as a Nazi in pursuit of the same treasure as Indy and his pals. I also happened to think Cate looked pretty damn hot as a Nazi. (Is that weird?) A sidenote: With regards to South Park creators Matt Parker and Trey Stone and their obvious disdain of the film, I personally felt "raped" after watching their earlier-reviewed flick Baseketball! I mean, anyone who comes out with a piece of cinematic crap like THAT is, in my oh-so-humble opinion, in no position to criticize anyone's movie, you know what I mean?  


No comments:

Post a Comment