Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Thursday, February 23, 2012

THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW




Like Bill O'Reilly, I don't like propaganda disguised as entertainment, which is what I regard THIS picture as. In this flick, Dennis Quaid (of the earlier-reviewed G.I. Joe film) plays a scientist who tries to warn everyone of the dangers of so-called global warming, and, of course, no one listens to him (or, at least, no one important). And, of course, guess what happens? That's right! A series of environmental disasters--hurricanes, tornadoes and the like--plunge the world into a new ice age. And guess who's to blame? Go on, guess! Which is made evident by the speech the U.S. President makes towards the end of film wherein he chastises everyone on their selfish lifestyle and whatnot and as the astronauts look down at the newly-frozen earth and one of them remarks how "clear" the earth looks or whatever. Uh-huh. As for a strictly disaster flick, it's not that bad of a film. But the obvious propagandizing I could've done without. Regardless of where you stand on the whole global warming issue, whether or not you feel it's man-made or if it's--for lack of a better word--normal, if I want to watch a lecture on the perils of so-called global warming, I'll just go watch Al Gore's insipid flick that was called . . . oh, who the hell cares! And, just so you know, I'm NOT much of a fan of Bill O'Reilly whom I regard as a Republican-ass-kissing D-Bag/A-Hole of the WORST kind! (Did that sound a little too personal or is it just me?)

No comments:

Post a Comment