Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Tuesday, May 15, 2012

GHOST RIDER




Ghost Rider is yet another comic book film adaptation starring noted weirdo actor Nicolas Cage in the title role. In the film, Nic Cage plays daredevil motorcycle rider Johnny Blaze who becomes the literally flaming skull-faced vigilante Ghost Rider after making a deal with the Devil--played by legendary actor Peter Fonda--to save his dying father. Of course, the crafty Devil winds up killing Johnny's Daddy anyway in a--what else!--motorcycle accident after making the deal with Blaze. To honor his rather crooked deal, the Devil enlists Johnny 's "help" as the Ghost Rider to fight against his sons who are--of course!--trying to take over the world and turn it into a living Hell. The ultra-hot Eva Mendes plays Cage's obligatory love-interest in the film. Gravelly-voiced legendary actor Sam Elliot also plays the previous Ghost Rider from the Old West who manages to ride away (pardon the pun!) and hide from the Devil for years and ends up helping Blaze save the world from the Devil's offspring. The movie, as you can probably guess, has a B-movie vibe to it, and that includes the acting. There's also--again, as you might've guessed--a cheesiness to the flick. However, in spite of its B-movie quality and its apparent cheesiness, it's not that bad of a film. It's definitely a passable film to watch on a slow night and you've got nothing better to do (and, believe it or not, I mean that as a compliment!). A sidenote: Johnny Blaze/Ghost Rider's motorcycle was reportedly modeled after Peter Fonda's bike in his legendary sixties film Easy Rider. Just thought you'd like to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment