Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Friday, May 11, 2012

BULLY





So let me see if I got the basic premise of this film correct: The producers of this film spend a year filming what's got to be the geekiest, scrawniest, gawkiest, nerdiest kid they can find being mercilessly bullied by his fellow classmates with the stated purpose of "stopping" bullying. Uh-huh. Well, they [the film's producers] sure as shit did a grand job of stopping THIS kid from being bullied, didn't they? Then there was that insipid controversy about the film being granted an R rating for the all the cursing that goes on while the kid's being bullied (those fucking kids!) and the film's producers petitioned the MPAA who grants movie ratings to give the film at least a PG-13 rating and they [the film's producers] even enlist such A-listers as Meryl Streep who stated her agreement with the film's producers that this film should be seen by every schoolkid and whatnot to help stop bullying for good. Again, uh-huh. Apparently they [the film's producers] have never heard of this little thing called the World Wide Web where they could have put it up FOR FREE like that "Kony" guy did and everyone--including Hollywood lefties--were kissing his ass until he went totally batshit crazy. I wonder why they [the film's producers] DIDN'T go the "free" Internet route since, of course, their [the film's producers] stated "goal" was to have every single schoolkid see this movie to supposedly help "end" bullying once and for all? Hmmmm, that's a real puzzler, isn't it? Oh yeah, here's a personal message I would like to give to the film's producers personally: If you TRULY want to stop bullying, then might I suggest the NEXT time you see a kid being mercilessly bullied PUT DOWN THE FUCKING CAMERA AND HELP THE KID OUT!!!! Just a suggestion, you know?



No comments:

Post a Comment