Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Thursday, March 22, 2012

FRIENDS WITH BENEFITS




Friends With Benefits is what one would call a "chick flick," albeit a more raunchier one. It stars former boy bander Justin "I'm Bringin' Sexy Back!" Timberlake--who, if you'll recall, also starred in the earlier-reviewed film Bad Teacher (and who's actually a pretty decent actor)--and Mila Kunis (of That '70s Show fame). Justin and Mila play "friends" who, after going through bad break-ups, decide to just have sex with each other and skip all the emotional baggage that comes (pardon the pun!) with being in relationships. Well, after bumping uglies for a period of time (and rather hilariously, I might add!), things get complicated (of course!) and they both wind up having feelings for each other (again, of course!). Now, at this point, I don't have to tell you how the flick turns out, do I? Although Friends With Benefits is pretty much your standard "chick flick" fare and you can pretty much guess the plot as you're watching it, it's actually not a bad film and is more tolerable--and, of course, raunchier!--than other so-called "chick flicks" and you can watch it with your gal without feeling too whipped in the process. Mila also shows some skin in the flick, although she does have a butt double (while, unfortunately for us fellas, Justin DOESN'T).

No comments:

Post a Comment