Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Monday, April 15, 2013

THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES

 
The Beverly Hillbillies is, of course, based on the classic TV series of the same name. It came out during the time in the nineties when Hollyweird was putting out movies based on old TV shows left and right. (I guess it was easier than to come up with original shit!) The plot of the movie is pretty much the same as the show: a backwoods family discovers oil in their backyard and they strike it rich and move to Beverly Hills as a result and sheer hilarity ensues! The same characters from the show are also featured in the movie: the Clampett family, the banker Mr. Drysdale (played by Dabney Coleman) and Miss Hathaway (played by Lily Tomlin) along with a few other characters, one of whom is played by (alleged) comedic actor Rob Schneider (in one of the few roles he got without having his nose burrowed firmly up Adam Sandler's ass!). This film also features a cameo from none other than Buddy Ebsen who, of course, played Clampett family patriarch Jed Clampett who plays his other noted TV role Barnaby Jones in this film (and is also his last starring role before his passing). Anyway, my favorite part about the movie--other than, of course, the "uber" hot Elly May Clampett being played by the "uber" hot Erika Eleniak (who starred in that other "classic" TV show Baywatch and who also starred in the earlier-reviewed film The Opponent)--is the scene when the Clampetts travel on the L.A. freeway for the first time in their old beat-up jalopy and this car pulls up next to them and the guy on the passenger side pulls out a gun on them and Jed--played in the film by the late Jim Varney (who played in those rather annoying "Ernest Goes To . . ." flicks)--pulls out his shotgun, points it at them and says, "This here's what I carry!" Oh yeah, Granny and Jethro are played by . . . aw, just watch the damn flick and find out for yourself, all right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment