Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Friday, February 8, 2013

THE A-TEAM

 
The A-Team is, of course, based on the schlocky TV show from the eighties. It stars Liam Neesom as "Hannibal" (played by, of course, George Peppard in the TV show), "mixed" martial artist Quinton "Rampage" Jackson in the B.A.--which stood for Bad Attitude--role played by Mr. T and "hunky" Bradley Cooper plays the "Face" character. (I would say who played crazy-ass Murdoch, but who the hell cares, am I right?) Anyway, the film follows the basic plot of the show: an elite military team gets accused of a crime they didn't commit--in the film, the "crime" has something to do with stolen U.S. Treasury plates taken by Iraqi insurgents or whatever (in the show, I don't remember what the group's "crime" was if it was even ever mentioned in the damn show!)--and they go on the lam to try to clear their name. Actress Jessica Biel adds the T & A to the flick by playing the ultra hot federal agent who's hell-bent on tracking them down. The film is actually not as schlocky as the TV show was as it features far more cursing and, unlike the show, the Team actually shoot AND kill people (although the B.A. character in the film has a sort of religious conversation while in prison and has a sort of crisis of conscience about killing people, though--spoiler alert!--that changes towards the end of the film when he's forced to kill one of the bad guys who's about to kill Face). Interestingly enough, there's a brief cameo from the original actor who played the "Face" character in the original TV show (again, I'd say his name here, but I'm too damn lazy to look it up!). Besides the main characters, the movie is also like the TV show in that it's pretty much escapist fare that you'll probably forget about as soon as you finish watching it (although the flying tank scene is pretty memorable!). It'll most certainly appeal to fans of hardcore action flicks even if they had never watch the original TV show.   

No comments:

Post a Comment