Welcome to my Movie Blog!

Hi, I'm Tony, a.k.a. The Non Roger Ebert (R.I.P., Roger!), and welcome to my movie blog. First, let me start out by saying that this WON'T be any ordinary movie blog as I'll be reviewing movies you've probably heard of before or probably never thought about watching. Yes, I will review the occasional "mainstream" film (mostly to slam it!) and I'll be reviewing films both past and present (mostly past since I think most films released nowadays suck canal water!). I also won't be using any star ratings or thumbs up or thumbs down or anything like that since if you CAN'T figure out how much I love or loathe a film by my movie reviews alone then you're a dumb mofo, please exit the site NOW!!!! Along with the movie reviews will be commentaries on various celebrities and/or the so-called "entertainment" business in general. Enjoy!



Monday, March 25, 2013

HENRY & JUNE

Henry & June is a 1990 "erotic" film based on "erotic" writer's Anais Nin's book about her "relationship" with fellow controversial "erotic" writer Henry Miller (of Tropic Of Cancer and Tropic Of Capricorn fame) and his wife June. The movie stars rather underrated actor Fred Ward as Miller and Uma Thurman (of Quentin Tarantino's Kill Bill fame) as Miller's wife and Nin is played by the actress who played Bruce Willis's rather dimwitted girlfriend in Tarantino's Pulp Fiction (I would say her name but it's just too damn long and I'm too damn lazy!). When the movie came out (pardon the pun!), it was the very first "mainstream" flick to be rated NC-17 (which is just a tiny step above X), although by today's standards, it would probably be regarded as more of a Disney flick! There are, of course, some "erotic" scenes in this flick, including a few lesbian scenes, including one with "Nin" and "June" (although, I'm sorry to say, Uma Thurman doesn't show moviegoers the goods in this flick unlike her hot foreign co-star!). Again, this movie may not be as, shall we say, prurient compared to what one can see on--again, shall we say--Cinemax/"Skinemax" (and let's NOT forget the Internet!), but it's still pretty damn "erotic" nevertheless! (For those, of course, who are into that sort of thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment